New Supervisory Board members
We welcome two new members to the supervisory board:
Harald Köhler, Head of System Management APG and Vera Brenzel, Director Public Affairs and Comunication, TenneT Holding.
Harald Köhler has his educational background in electrical engineering, studied at the technical university of Vienna and specialized in the field of energy technologies and energy economics. In 2007 he started his career at Austrian Power Grid (APG) and took responsibility in various functions. From 2010 to 2014 he was heading the Strategic Network Development team and then took over responsibility for the Operational Management department. Since 2022 he is Head of System Management
As Head of System Management at APG Harald Köhler is dedicated to create an optimal energy system and designs key market and operational mechanisms and tools to manage the energy future.
“This includes especially ones aimed at flexibility needs like balancing, congestion management, re-dispatching, wholesale market integration and cross-border capacity management”
On European Level he is Member of the ENTSO-E Market Committee, the Steering Committees of the Capacity Calculations Region of Core and Italy North, while he is currently chairing the latter one. He is as well member of the supervisory board of APCS Power Clearing and Settlement in Austria.
With his expertise in the field of energy technologies and his progressive vision regarding the energy future, his mindset is an important bridge between our current energy landscape and the future energy landscape.
Vera Brenzel studied business administration in Munich and completed a post-graduate master at the College of Europe in Bruges. She then moved on to DG External Relations in the EU Commission and continued as head of internal market at Eurelectric. She continued her career as head of political Affairs at E.ON. In 2022 she started as Director for Political affairs and communication at TenneT Holding. On an extra curricular base she is a board member of the Economic Council (Wirtschaftsrat) of the CDU in Brussels, and is member of the supervisory board of the AGORA Energiewende think tank.
“For the energy transition, we not only need to expand infrastructures, but also create data ecosystems with which we can exchange digital information across sectors and countries.”
Vera is a valuable board member because of her strong network in Berlin and Brussels and across institutional communities. With her energy and climate policy expertise in combination with strong understanding of industry she is a valuable driving force for marketing the Crowd Balancing Platform.
“The Equigy Crowd Balancing Platform is a frontrunner project. We now need to link it with other systems such as the energy data-X ecosystem.”
Subscribe to our email newsletter today to receive updates.
Most popular articles
- SCALE advances the smart charging and Vehicle-2-Grid (V2G) ecosystem capitalizing on the mass-deployment of electric vehicles
- Harald Köhler – Head of System Management at Austrian Power Grid
- Equigy as impact accelerators according to Hyperledger Foundation
- New Supervisory Board members
- Equigy welcomes a new German TSO shareholder; TransnetBW
- Wim Boonen & Sydney van Bokhoven
- be.storaged and TenneT use flexibility of battery storage to support stable network operation
- Pilot project to integrate decentralised energy resources in grid and system services completed
- Hans Schermeyer – Product Owner Energy Services at Viessmann
- Equigy addressing the regulatory obstacles for unlocking the full distributed flexibility potential