TenneT and TransnetBW urges politics to develop regulatory framework for voluntarily provision of redispatch services
Heat pumps, electric vehicles and home batteries are not only an essential component of the energy transition. The flexibility of millions of emerging consumer-based devices can also contribute to congestion management (redispatch) and thus actively support grid stability. The ViFlex and BDL pilot projects implemented on the Equigy Crowd Balancing Platform have already successfully shown this. In Germany, however, the current regulatory framework for redispatch does not yet allow distributed flexibilities to be integrated into the operational redispatch processes of grid operators according to §13 of the German energy law.
The Equigy partners TransnetBW and TenneT, together with E-Bridge, have therefore developed a proposal for the necessary further development of the regulatory framework in Germany as well as for a possible market and product design to allow small-scale distributed flexibilities a voluntary contribution to congestion management via an incentive-based approach (so-called Redispatch 3.0).
Subscribe to our email newsletter today to receive updates.
Most popular articles
- Equigy is now on the Italian UVAM market
- be.storaged and TenneT use flexibility of battery storage to support stable network operation
- Press Release: Important step towards integration of decentralised energy sources and consumers
- Equigy: Swiss pilot project reaches first milestone
- TenneT and TransnetBW urges politics to develop regulatory framework for voluntarily provision of redispatch services
- Nissan contributes to sustainable energy and mobility
- Engie & TenneT: enhance delivering aFRR with different types of flexible capacity
- Giessenwind wind farm delivers regulating power to TenneT using Equigy crowd balancing platform
- Sonnen pilot: how home storage helps to balance grid
- A year of successes as Equigy turns one
November 15, 2022
Ramboll, a global consultancy appointed by the EIB, conducted a market analysis on Distributed Energy Resources (DER) to ascertain the relevance of Equigy.
November 7, 2022
SCALE advances the smart charging and Vehicle-2-Grid (V2G) ecosystem capitalizing on the mass-deployment of electric vehicles