Equigy crowd balancing platform presented to Mrs Kadri Simson, the EU commissioner of Energy
On October 13, CEO‘s and senior executives from Swissgrid, Terna, TenneT and Equigy presented the Equigy crowd balancing platform to Mrs Kadri Simson, the EU commissioner of Energy.
The platform will facilitate the Energy Transition by unlocking distributed flexibilities in the energy balancing markets throughoutEurope. In the meeting, some potential challenges were discussed that have to be overcome to enable the adoption of these new flexibilities. TheCommissioner was pleased with the progress made and the future role consumers can play in a more decentralised energy market setting.
For details on the regulatory requirements for the successful roll out of the Equigy platform across Europe, click here.
Most popular articles
- Melanie Lane – CEO of NewMotion
- Equigy: A Crowd Balancing Platform based on Blockchain Technology
- Press Release: TenneT and GreenCom Networks want to unlock flexibility potential of households
- Decarbonising the energy system
- Press Release: Important step towards integration of decentralised energy sources and consumers
- Engie & TenneT: enhance delivering aFRR with different types of flexible capacity
- Press Release: Equigy welcomes Austrian Power Grid as fifth TSO partner
- Equigy addressing the regulatory obstacles for unlocking the full distributed flexibility potential
- Press Release: 50Hertz and TenneT test Equigy Blockchain Platform
- Press Release: Viessmann and TenneT launch first project for smart use of heat pumps and electricity