Equigy crowd balancing platform presented to Mrs Kadri Simson, the EU commissioner of Energy
On October 13, CEO‘s and senior executives from Swissgrid, Terna, TenneT and Equigy presented the Equigy crowd balancing platform to Mrs Kadri Simson, the EU commissioner of Energy.
The platform will facilitate the Energy Transition by unlocking distributed flexibilities in the energy balancing markets throughoutEurope. In the meeting, some potential challenges were discussed that have to be overcome to enable the adoption of these new flexibilities. TheCommissioner was pleased with the progress made and the future role consumers can play in a more decentralised energy market setting.
For details on the regulatory requirements for the successful roll out of the Equigy platform across Europe, click here.
Most popular articles
- Nord Pool and Equigy Partner for Power Flexibility
- Flexcity helps to build up the secondary reserve of the network managed by TenneT and offers new services to its partners
- be.storaged and TenneT use flexibility of battery storage to support stable network operation
- Pilot project to integrate decentralised energy resources in grid and system services completed
- Sandro Iacovella & Giorgio Scaloni
- Equigy: A Crowd Balancing Platform based on Blockchain Technology
- TenneT and TransnetBW urges politics to develop regulatory framework for voluntarily provision of redispatch services
- A new career step for Rene Kerkmeester
- Mathieu Bonnet – CEO of Allego
- Supervisory Board announcement