Vandebron plugs car owners into the electricity market
This pilot project with the Dutch green energy company Vandebron gives electric car owners the opportunity to contribute to grid balancing with excess electricity from their car batteries.
As part of our broader programme to enable private individuals and smaller companies to participate in the energy transition, the pilot with Vandebron, which is owned by E.ON, enables TenneT to tap into the electricity used to charge electric cars.
During the charging of the electric cars, charging was started or stopped at TenneT’s request, which Vandebron facilitated via blockchain technology. Vandebron customers participating in the pilot received compensation for the electricity provided. Tesla drivers were also able to participate in the pilot through an app.
“Vandebron customers participating in the pilot received compensation for the electricity provided.”
Most popular articles
- Nord Pool and Equigy Partner for Power Flexibility
- Flexcity helps to build up the secondary reserve of the network managed by TenneT and offers new services to its partners
- be.storaged and TenneT use flexibility of battery storage to support stable network operation
- Pilot project to integrate decentralised energy resources in grid and system services completed
- Sandro Iacovella & Giorgio Scaloni
- Equigy: A Crowd Balancing Platform based on Blockchain Technology
- TenneT and TransnetBW urges politics to develop regulatory framework for voluntarily provision of redispatch services
- Jens Strüker – Professor for Information Systems and Digital Energy Management
- Mathieu Bonnet – CEO of Allego
- A new career step for Rene Kerkmeester
“We see this TSO initiative as a great opportunity to unlock flexibility from small, decentralized devices such as electric vehicles and heat pumps. This important collaboration will really help reduce reliance on fossil fuels and boost the energy transition in Europe whilst providing new business opportunities ”
Fardau van der Galiën
Head of electric mobility Vandebron
April 6, 2023
Flexcity helps to build up the secondary reserve of the network managed by TenneT and offers new services to its partners
March 27, 2023
Pilot project to integrate decentralised energy resources in grid and system services completed