Partnering with Scholt Energy to tap potential in decentralised power
Decentralised energy sources are becoming increasingly important to maintain the balance between the supply and demand for electricity. To this end, TenneT is undertaking a pilot project with independent energy supplier Scholt Energy.
New data communication technologies will be tested to enable TenneT and suppliers of flexible generating capacity to exchange the required information for balance purposes. This will be facilitated via our blockchain-based crowd balancing platform, which sets the standard for small energy producers to offer their energy back into the energy system and be rewarded for it.
Scholt Energy is an experienced energy supplier, with activities in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. Focused on the mid- to large corporate segment, it offers its clients power and gas supply and a broad range of energy related services, such as energy scans, energy storage and energy advice.
“We want to contribute to the energy transition while at the same time creating an extra revenue model for these customers.”
Most popular articles
- SCALE advances the smart charging and Vehicle-2-Grid (V2G) ecosystem capitalizing on the mass-deployment of electric vehicles
- Harald Köhler – Head of System Management at Austrian Power Grid
- Equigy as impact accelerators according to Hyperledger Foundation
- New Supervisory Board members
- Equigy welcomes a new German TSO shareholder; TransnetBW
- Wim Boonen & Sydney van Bokhoven
- be.storaged and TenneT use flexibility of battery storage to support stable network operation
- Pilot project to integrate decentralised energy resources in grid and system services completed
- Hans Schermeyer – Product Owner Energy Services at Viessmann
- Equigy addressing the regulatory obstacles for unlocking the full distributed flexibility potential
“Scholt Energy has gained a great deal of experience in recent years in the field of energy storage and smart management of supply and demand. Together with our large business customers, who have flexibility in their power consumption, we want to contribute to the energy transition while at the same time creating an extra revenue model for these customers.”
Rob van Gennip
CEO Scholt Energy
April 6, 2023
Flexcity helps to build up the secondary reserve of the network managed by TenneT and offers new services to its partners
March 27, 2023
Pilot project to integrate decentralised energy resources in grid and system services completed